General Terms of Delivery
Unless the contracting parties have expressly agreed otherwise, the present General Terms of Delivery shall apply.
Placing of orders
- Please quote our order number (e.g. IIAMN09004877) on any communication and records.
- Please send us the latest edition of the book ordered, unless expressed otherwise. Generally we note in our orders if another edition is acceptable for us; this applies for antiquarian orders too. In case of a continuation order of multivolume works please contact us before delivery of a new edition (either of a single book or the complete set).
- We usually prefer a hardback edition, unless otherwise noted.
- For any order not handled within 24 months, it will be understood that the order is cancelled, unless extension beyond that date has been confirmed.
Further inquiries / information
- Please do not send information regarding our orders until the first reminder is sent.
- However we ask for immediate notification, if delivery is not possible (possible reasons: out of print / not available in booktrade / only available as download / not published).
- If any of the conditions below exists, please contact us before delivery to make sure that we agree to the conditions
- If there is a difference in essential details of the order or the item ordered (possible reason: the ordered items are parts of a continuation, journal or a serial not mentioned in the order).
- If you receive a duplicate order, not labelled as „Mehrfachex.“ or „added copyâ€.
- If the price, including for antiquarian acquisitions, differs as follows:
- Order without indication of price (€ 0,01):
Query if the delivery price is € 70,00 and more
- Order with indication of price:
Query if the delivery price exceeds the price quoted in the order by more than 20 per cent
and the price is € 70,00 and more
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time, if you have any questions concerning our orders.
- We ask for antiquarian acquisition if the ordered title is out of print.
- We expect antiquarian books to be delivered
- in as good a condition as possible with a well-balanced price-performance ratio, please inquire if the price exceeds the price agreement specified above,
- with a clear and verifiable ownership structure / provenance,
- in the edition we ordered - generally we note in our orders if another edition is acceptable for us, please contact us before delivery if you have any questions.
- We ask vendors to keep a search list if an antiquarian acquisition is not possible. Titles on the search list should be checked regularly for availability.
- Please send us a list containing all open orders after 2 years.
- Please let us know when you put a title on the search list so we won’t claim these titles.
- Orders for CD-ROMs (also as supplements to books) contain the following note:
“Single user network licence / Technical requirements: Ability to run in a MS Windows 2003 Environment with Citrix MetaFrame (Terminal Services) / Installation on a network driveâ€.
This means that we ask for a networking licence and therewith for the permission to install the CD-ROM onto a server, so that accessing is possible from any PC inside the library (also via WLAN for authenticated users) but only from one user at a time. In this case please make sure to mention NETWORKING LICENCE on your invoice.
- Please contact us before delivery to make sure that we agree to the conditions:
- if there is no networking licence available
- if networking licence is only available for an extra charge
- if a single user networking licence allows access only from one special PC.
- A single invoice in duplicate is required to be enclosed in each book.
- Invoices must quote:
- ordering department of the Berlin State Library (e.g.: IIA)
- our order number (e.g.: IIAMN09004877)
- bibliographical short title
- bank connection and account no.
- VAT-No. of the Berlin State Library and of the vendor, if applicable
- VAT-rate, discounts, extra charges, delivery charges, if applicable
- If possible invoices should quote:
- „Vereinnahmt unter den jeweils angegebenen Zugangsnummern in den Akzessionsjournalen“
- „Sachlich richtig“
- our budget code (e.g.: 1e3e)
- type of order (e.g.: “festâ€ / “zur Forts.â€ / standing order)
- Within the EU we request VAT-exempt intra-community delivery.
Our VAT-No.: DE 81 117 697 6
We reserve the right of return without query in following cases:
- mistakes caused by distributor, for instance: wrong title, duplicate delivery, defective binding,
- delivery of defective copies, for instance: missing pages / damaged block.
Last update: July 2009