What do the Staatsbibliothek’s collections have to offer?
The Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (Berlin State Library) is a general research library with ten million books and periodicals and various other items such as manuscripts,music,maps and microfilmed materials.
The collections can be accessed on four sites:
at Unter den Linden 8 (Berlin-Mitte)
- in General Reading Rooms, in an information centre
- in special reading rooms for rare books, music, maps, books for children and young people
at Potsdamer Straße 33 (Berlin-Tiergarten)
- in the General Reading Room, in the information section
- in special reading rooms for manuscripts, maps and regional collections such as Eastern Europe, the Oriental collection and East Asia
at the Newspaper Department, Westhafen (Berlin-Moabit)
- in the reading room for newspapers
at the bpk Photo Agency, Märkisches Ufer 16-18 (Berlin-Mitte)
- for exclusive use by commercial and academic researchers, by appointment
For further information on the special reading rooms and special collections, please consult leaflets in the relevant departments. For more advice on a particular subject, please consult the leaflet "Die Fachreferate" (Subject Areas).