Literature search (books, articles) in bibliographies and full-text databases.
Our literature search engine stabikat+ is a discovery service and includes the library’s holdings which are recorded in the online catalogue StaBiKat (books, journals). In addition to the Staatsbibliothek’s holdings, it also includes contents of databases subscribed to by the Staatsbibliothek, electronic journals as well as full texts from Open Access repositories, and other resources.
Link to: stabikat+
Database Information System (DBIS)
DBIS lists databases accessible in the Staatsbibliothek as well as freely accessible online databases (bibliographies, full text databases, link collections).
Link to: DBIS
Electronic journals library (EZB)
The EZB provides a thematic access to electronic journals subscribed to by the Staatsbibliothek.
Link to: EZB
Electronic reading room
Selection of electronic resources of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin which can exclusively be accessed at library computers in the reading rooms.
Link to: Overview
Listing of all databases and e-journals, which are available for registered users of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin via remote access (except corporate library card owners, because the licence regulations do not allow us to offer remote access to this user group). This listing is arranged by acquisition date. By entering more search terms you can find more resources on your topic, you may use a search formula like, for example, xexk remote access xthm beethoven.
Link to: Listing
Text and Data Mining
Further information concerning Text and Data Mining activities permitted by German Intellectual Property Law (§ 60d UrhWissG) can be found here.
- Access is restricted to registered users of the Berlin State Library.
- The licensed materials or parts thereof can generally only be accessed, printed, or downloaded for personal research, educational or private use. Commercial use of the licensed materials is generally not permitted.
- Licensed materials may neither in electronic nor in printed form be disseminated to third parties.
- Systematic download of licensed materials, creation of private archives and use of automated retrieval software (robots, spiders, crawlers) is prohibited.
- Authors’ names and copyright notices may not be removed or altered when licensed materials are used in presentations or publications; licensed materials shall be cited and referred to according to scientific standards.
- Communication to the public, public presentation or performance of the licensed materials is generally prohibited.
For more detailed information please also refer to the website of the vendor and the entry of the resource at DBIS.
Sometimes the following services are helpful when looking for electronic resources:
ZDB - Union catalogue of serials
Search for journal titles, may contain links to full texts.
Link to: ZDB
bpk - photo agency
With more than 12 million images from art, culture, and history, the bpk-Bildagentur is your partner for the editorial and commercial use of images.
Link to: bpk-Bildagentur