Literature search (books, articles) in bibliographies and full-text databases.
Our online catalogue StabiKat is a discovery system and, in addition to printed publications, also lists e-books, e-journals and extracts from licensed and freely available electronic publications.
Link to: StabiKat
Database Information System (DBIS)
DBIS lists databases accessible in the Staatsbibliothek as well as freely accessible online databases (bibliographies, full text databases, link collections).
Link to: DBIS
Electronic journals library (EZB)
The EZB provides a thematic access to electronic journals subscribed to by the Staatsbibliothek.
Link to: EZB
Most electronic resources (e-books, e-journals and databases) are also available via remote access outside the reading rooms after registration. To log in, please use the data on your library card with a secure password that has already been changed. Please also refer to tips for accessing electronic resources. Unfortunately, users with a corporate library card do not have remote access due to license regulations.
Link to: Listing
Text and Data Mining
Further information concerning Text and Data Mining activities permitted by German Intellectual Property Law (§ 60d UrhWissG) can be found here.
- Access is restricted to registered users of Staatsbibliotek zu Berlin.
- The licensed materials or parts thereof can generally only be accessed, printed, or downloaded for personal research, educational or private use. Commercial use of the licensed materials is generally not permitted.
- Licensed materials may neither in electronic nor in printed form be disseminated to third parties.
- Systematic download of licensed materials, creation of private archives and use of automated retrieval software (robots, spiders, crawlers) is prohibited.
- Authors’ names and copyright notices may not be removed or altered when licensed materials are used in presentations or publications; licensed materials shall be cited and referred to according to scientific standards.
- Communication to the public, public presentation or performance of the licensed materials is generally prohibited.
For more detailed information please also refer to the website of the vendor and the entry of the resource at DBIS.
Sometimes the following services are helpful when looking for electronic resources:
ZDB - Union catalogue of serials
Search for journal titles, may contain links to full texts.
Link to: ZDB
bpk - photo agency
With more than 12 million images from art, culture, and history, the bpk-Bildagentur is your partner for the editorial and commercial use of images.
Link to: bpk-Bildagentur