Entire books, single sheets or illustrations from a book of our general holdings can be digitised by our DigiService.
We can provide digital images when ...
- the material is out of copyright (usually 70 years after the author's death, § 64 UrhG)
- the material is suitable for scanning with regard to its physical condition and size.
- You intend to use the digital images personally for your scientific work. If you should intend to use it commercially, please contact the bpk- Bildagentur for further information.
The processing of an application will take at least three working days. The handling time depends on the kind of material and its preservation state.
Costs: Entgeltliste (List of charges)
Please state precisely the work's title when filling in the order form so that we can handle your order as quickly as possible.
- Digitization and reproduction of special materials may require different operations and output forms depending on the original.
- The processing time depends on the template.
- The Entgeltliste (list of charges) for pre-information applies.
Order of reproductions from public domain material: Terms of service
§ 1 Purpose
The purpose of these terms and conditions is, on the one hand, to enable the customer to make use of the digital images according to his/her interests and, and on the other hand, to enable the Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz (SPK) to make the files available in accordance with its public mandate.
- a. make the generated digital images available to the public as part of its digital services,
- b. grant third parties further rights of use, and
- c. grant rights of use to all potential users by means of an open-content license or label the digital copies with a "public domain" notice.
§ 2 Use
- a. Should the customer publish or publicly reproduce the work represented by the digital images for the first time and thereby acquire an ancillary copyright in accordance with Section 71 of the German Copyright Act (UrhG), he/she shall transfer this ancillary copyright to SPK to its full extent.
- b. In return, SPK grants to the customer the non-exclusive, perpetual and geographically unlimited right to reproduce, distribute, transform and publicly communicate the work in any form. The customer is entitled to grant these rights of use to third parties.
- c. SPK has no obligation to name the customer individually.
- d. SPK cannot guarantee for every case that copyrights to the materials no longer exist. The customer is responsible for compliance with legal regulations.
- e. SPK is only obligated to fulfill the order if the materials are in a digitizable condition and have not been lost. In these cases, SPK will inform the customer immediately.
- f.In the event that the customer publishes a reproduction produced by the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin, the SPK asks the customer to send a specimen copy to
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
Abteilung IIA Bestandsaufbau
Potsdamer Straße 33