NFDI4Culture (Start 2020)
Consortium for Research Data on Material and Immaterial Cultural Heritage
SoNAR (IDH) (Start 2019)
Develops best practice principles for the creation of an integrated e-reasearch technology
Handschriftenportal Deutschland (Start 2018)
An up-to-date, future-oriented central registry to codex manuscripts in German cultural heritage institutions
- NFDI4Culture (Start 2020)
- SoNAR (IDH) (Start 2019)
- Handschriftenportal Deutschland (Start 2018)
The Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin Preußischer Kulturbesitz carries out a large number of projects. Improved accessibility and usability of scientifically relevant materials, the development of technical tools and the establishment of research platforms are at the forefront - usually with external partners and always in close coordination with the using communities.
About 60 percent of all projects carried out in the library are funded by third-party donors, such as the German Research Foundation, the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the European Union and private foundations. This means that the Staatsbibliothek Berlin receives around 5-6 million € in third-party funding every year.
A staff unit is responsible for project management at the Staatsbibliothek Berlin. It facilitates the successful planning, application and implementation of projects by advising project leaders and transferring knowledge.
Below you will find a selection of projects that contribute to achieving the above-mentioned goals and thus to strengthening the library's research profile, arranged according to the year in which they were launched.
- Planning and demonstration of innovative, networked security solutions using the example of blackout in a diverse metropolis (Plan #B)
- Die Sichtbarmachung des Sichtbaren (Schriftmuster Digital)
- Cataloging medieval manuscripts (EAB Paderborn)
- FID Recht
- DDB Zeitungsportal
- Digitisation of the German-language press in the 19th century
- Children's and young people's literature 1780-1900: COLIBRI
- Restorations of the "Displaced Persons" Literature
- Digitisation of an image archive of the oldest Koran fragments of Sanaa/Jemen
- Digitisation, indexing and presentation of the correspondence of the brothers Grimm
- Publishing house archives SBB-PK: development of scientific standards for indexing and publication
- „Turfan-Expeditions“ and the Berlin Collections
- Cataloguing and Digitisation of the estate Leni Riefenstahl