The online catalogue StabiKat is a discovery system and allows users to search over 190 millions of journal articles, books, journals, databases and more available in print or online at the Staatsbibliothek.
The classic online catalogue StaBiKat classic will continue to be available until further notice. It can be reached via StabiKat or directly. Readers can search by author, title, etc. and also carry out subject searches. Journal articles have not been included.
The reading room classification (only in german) assists you in thematic searches for volumes in the reference holdings of the general reading rooms of both houses, the Rare Books Reading Room and the Eastern European Reading Room. Important electronic resources are also assigned to these classification points.
The Historical Classification Online offers a subject search for about 3 million books and periodical volumes of the Staatsbibliothek published between 1501 and 1955. It is possible to browse the systematic classification or to search with different search terms over more than 225,000 subject access points. There are direct links to bibliographic records in the online catalogue StaBiKat classic. The basis is the Old Subject Catalogue (Alter Realkatalog - ARK) - a subject catalog in volume form.
A part of the holdings of the special collections departments of the Staatsbibliothek can be found in specialist online catalogues.
- Manuscripta Mediaevalia Manuscripts database (in german only)
Signaturenübersicht Conspectus of shelfmarks for Western manuscripts at the Staatsbibliothek (in german only)
- Kalliope Union Catalog for collections of personal papers, manuscripts, and publishers' archives
- Orient-Digital Database of Oriental Manuscripts at the Berlin State Library
- Alter Realkatalog (ARK) Subject catalogue (1501-1955) of the Staatsbibliothek
- Bibliography of books printed in the German speaking countries from 1601 to 1700 (VD 17)
- Short Title Catalogue of books printed in the 16th century held by the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (ST 16)
- Einbanddatenband Book bindings of the 15th and 16th century
- Union Catalogue of Incunabula Database (GW)
See also Department of Early Printed Books: Research and resources