The online catalogue StabiKat is a discovery system and is currently available in a beta version. It allows users to search over 60 millions of journal articles, books, journals, databases and more available in print or online at the State Library.
The classic online catalogue StaBiKat classic will continue to be available until further notice. It can be reached via StabiKat or directly. Readers can search by author, title, etc. and also carry out subject searches. Article titles have not been included.
The reading room classification (only in german) assists you in thematic searches for volumes in the reference holdings of the general reading rooms of both houses, the rare books room and the Eastern European room. Important electronic resources are also assigned to these classification points.
Subject Search 1501 - 1955 is the online version of the historical classification covering around 3 million volumes of the old holdings of the Staatsbibliothek. The basis is a library catalogue of many volumes – the Old Subject Catalogue (Alter Realkatalog - ARK). It is possible to browse the systematic classification or to search with different search terms over more than 225,000 subject access points. There are direct links to bibliographic records in the online catalogue StaBiKat.
A part of the holdings of the special collections departments of the Staatsbibliothek can be found in specialist online catalogues.
Other reference systems for the holdings of the Staatsbibliothek
- Manuscripta Mediaevalia Manuscripts database (in german only)
Signaturenübersicht Conspectus of shelfmarks for Western manuscripts at the Staatsbibliothek (in german only)
- Kalliope Union Catalog for collections of personal papers, manuscripts, and publishers' archives
- Orient-Digital Database of Oriental Manuscripts at the Berlin State Library
- Alter Realkatalog (ARK) Subject catalogue (1501-1955) of the Staatsbibliothek
- Bibliography of books printed in the German speaking countries from 1601 to 1700 (VD 17)
- Short Title Catalogue of books printed in the 16th century held by the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (ST 16)
- Einbanddatenband Book bindings of the 15th and 16th century
- Union Catalogue of Incunabula Database (GW)
See also Department of Early Printed Books: Research and resources
- Zeitschriftendatenbank German Union Catalogue of Serials (ZDB).
- Electronic journals library (EZB): Thematically ordered access to scientific full-text journals subscribed by the Staatsbibliothek as well as freely accessible journals.
- Zeitschriftendatenbank German Union Catalogue of Serials (ZDB)
- ZEFYS Newspaper information system for historical newspapers
The World of Newspapers - Newspapers from all over the world
A part of the library‘s special collection holdings is exclusively recorded in traditional print or card catalogues. The special departments provide information on their respective catalogues.