Blauer Leihverkehr (BL)
The East Asia Department (EAD) of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin has instituted a special direct inter-library loan for libraries at institutions for East, Southeast and Central Asian studies at national and European universities and scholarly, academic or, scientific institutions. Through this so-called "Blauer Leihverkehr" (BL), named after the blue-coloured paper order forms, the EAD provides its contract partners with original materials in languages of the regions.
Upon ordering, you will receive a note of receipt from the EAD which should be forwarded eventually to your local library (i.e., the EAD's contract partner).
When ordering materials in East, Southeast and Central Asian languages, the following has to be noted:
- The BL is governed by the rules of the Lending Contract (Leihvertrag) between the EAD and an institution (for East, Southeast or Central Asian Studies).
- Individuals who would like to order via the BL have to be members of an institution which has signed the BL Lending Contract. All orders need to be placed via this institution.
- Only East, Southeast and Central Asian language materials (monographs, articles etc.) can be ordered via the BL.
- Ordering institutions are required to employ the referral instruments, i.e., the East Asia Department's OPAC, the CrossAsia Search and the OPAC of the Staatsbibliothek (StaBiKat).
- If the required item cannot be identified, the necessary bibliographical data for an order may also be supplied on the order slip (provided by the EAD) or by using the online order form, at the end of this page.
- Items can be borrowed through the BL with a loan period of up to one year.
Please note: Upon ordering, you will receive a note of receipt from the EAD via e-mail. The information will also be forwarded to the institute's library, i.e., the EAD's contract partner that you have named on the order form.
In case of any questions, the EAD's staff will be happy to assist you.
When placing an order online (Online Form), the entries for institution, personal name, and personal e-mail address are mandatory.
- Fields marked * are mandatory.
- Simplified Chinese characters (简体字) only, please.
- One item only per order.