Our literature search engine stabikat+ is a discovery system which allows users to search in several hundred million journal articles, books, references from bibliographic databases and other resources. In many cases it is possible to directly access full texts. Stabikat+ currently includes the records of the StaBiKat and provides access to the databases subscribed to by the Staatsbibliothek and to electronic journals as well as full texts from Open Access repositories and other resources.
The online catalogue of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - StaBiKat - contains books and journals holdings as well as electronic media. Readers can search by author, title, etc. and also carry out subject searches. Article titles have not been included. A part of the holdings of the special collections departments of the Staatsbibliothek can be found in specialist online catalogues.
- Alter Realkatalog (ARK): old subject catalogue (1501-1955) of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin allows subject search for older publications.
- Bibliography of books printed in the German speaking countries from 1601 to 1700 (VD 17)
- Short Title Catalogue of books printed in the 16th century held by the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (ST 16)
- Database of book bindings
- Union Catalogue of Incunabula (GW)
- Union catalogue of serials (ZDB): The ZDB allows searching of journals, newspapers, and databases in libraries in Germany and Austria. A network of 4,300 libraries contribute to this catalogue.
- Electronic journals library (EZB): According to subjects the EZB offers a structured access to electronic journals subscribed to by the Staatsbibliothek.
A part of the holdings of the special collections departments of the Staatsbibliothek are still only recorded in traditional catalogues. The departments provide information on their respective catalogues.